Monday, May 19, 2014

Installing the VSS & OBD2 Connector


I ran the VSS and OBD2 signal under the van to the front so I could do a digital, speedo-based VSS and OBD2 connector up front as well as hook in the Subaru cruise control brains up there to it.

In this video, I recorded how I made the final VSS/OBD2 connector which connects to the ECU in the rear of the van.  This connector is for the cable that runs under the Vanagon to the dash.  I wired it to an weather proof connector so it is safe from the elements in the engine bay.  Then, to ensure the aluminum shielding properly dissipates the interference it collects under the van, I wrapped a wire with an eye-let on it and connected that to the van's engine bay where it is grounded.  Finally, (not shown), I sealed it up by wrapping it non-adhesive black vinyl tape and black wire loom.


No comments: