Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Updated Cruise Control Page

With the summer camping season here and my interior completely ripped out, other projects are taking precedence over the cruise control project.  However, I've gotten several questions on it from folks, so I figured I should get it updated with my latest approach.

Tonight, I edited my Subaru Vanagon - Cruise Control page modifying the logical design diagram to better reflect how the cruise control is shaking out after getting the van running this month.   Also, I instead of using the Subaru cruise control stalk I am now going to be using the Vanagon turn signal w/ cruise control that I luckily found on TheSamba classifieds.

2 comments:

BrianU said...

Great page, love the progress you are making. Do you have any way of testing your cruise control to make sure its working? I have a similar install going on, and would love to find out its working before hitting the road.

Jason said...

Thanks Brian. I haven't wired it all up yet. The thing you'd really want to know works is the "OFF" switch on the cruise. The last thing you'd want is for the cruise to stay engaged and not let up on the throttle. Haven't gotten that far myself!