Saturday, March 15, 2014

Upgraded radiator hoses & stainless steel coolant pipes

This weekend, I installed my new Rocky Mountain Westy stainless steel coolant pipes.  I also plugged in a nice, new set of silicon radiator hoses from Van-Cafe.  The new radiator hoses are able to handle larger spare tires, which I will have in the near future (my main tires are 16" and stock is only 14").  The radiator itself was basically new, so instead of swapping it out, I'm selling my new Behr radiator to another Subaru/Vanagon conversion effort here in Boulder that needs it more than me.

Van-Cafe Silicon Radiator Hoses
The RMW coolant pipes actually go in separately, but I put them together beforehand to show them off compared to the old plastic pipes from VW.  Which would you trust your nice Subaru engine with!??

Coolant Pipes:  RMW Stainless Steel vs. 28 year old VW Plastic

Rocky Mtn Westy coolant pipes installed!
The next step is to get the hand re-furbished Vanagon fuel tank installed back under the van where these coolant pipes are.


No comments: